Ten things on my bedside table…
except we don’t have bedside tables. We have a honking, huge headboard that Tom built – he built the base for the waterbed, too. The headboard is about 7″ deep with a cubby-hole kind of deal.
- The TV remote. It’s right above my head because I’m the Queen of the Remotes.
- The plug for my iPhone. I don’t complain about having to charge my phone all the time because of this plug. Got to bed. Plug in phone. Easy peasy.
- A tube of Eucerin Calming Cream. After going thru many different types of hand cream, this one is the winner, for me.
- A mondo-huge size tube of Dr Pepper Lip Smacker. Yup. I’m a 16-year old.
- 2 boxes of tissues. His and Hers.
- An iHome clock/radio/iPod player. I’m such a light sleeper that I prefer to wake up to an audiobook, rather than music. The sound gradually escalates but I rarely get thru more than 8 words before I’ve shut it off.
- The remote for the iHome. Also closer to my side. See #1.
- The wrist strap for my FitBit. You wear it at night so you can record your sleep patterns.
- Nu, the stuffed triceratops that Tom got me as a wedding present. I used to sleep with her but she started to get a bit worn. Now she keeps my tissue box in check.
- Edgar Allen Hippo. He’s a Boynton stuffed animal. Tom used to take him, when he’d go off to do his holiday baking. Edgar is a great mascot and seldom dipped his toes into the cheesecake batter.
- Does dust count?
Go here if you would like to sign up for the Ten on Tuesday mailing list.