This is my first Ten On Tuesday. Be gentle, with the comments.
Ten Things You Wouldn’t Want to Live Without
(and people don’t count as things)
In no particular order:
1. Our heated waterbed – I’ve had problems with my hips since I was 17. The wonderful heat and “give” means not having to roll over constantly.
2. My iPhone – If I could, I’d have it surgically attached to my wrist.
3. The propane log fireplace – This baby is saving us big bucks on electricity over the Winter. Where I was always putting on more layers, now I can sit in the den and turn those logs on. Ahhhhh!
4. My vegetable garden – I start planning in January, which seeds I’ll buy. Spring/Summer are all about the veggies growing and Fall is for using everything until there’s nothing left. (Sometimes we fail at the Fall clean-up but the birds appreciate that.)
5. My yarn room – A whole bedroom just for my stash. It’s kinda messy but, MAN, I love that room.
6. Our TiVo’s – We have three and I NEED them all. Really.
7. My laptop(s) – Hellooooo interwebs!
8. The heated birdbaths in our yard – I love watching birds and I especially love watching them flock to the baths when it’s a clear Winter day.
9. My Kindle – So many books. So little room for bookshelves.
10. My sense of humor – Not everyone “gets” it because I’m sarcastic and quick. There’s black humor in there, too. I’ve known people with no sense of humor and it’s just not something I could do without. It’s helped me thru the last 19 months, with my Dad. Nope. Not giving that up.
11. (because my lists go to 11) – My bedroom ceiling fan. When you have a heated waterbed, you need to have a breeze to counter-act. Especially when a hot flash hits!
Go here if you would like to sign up for the Ten on Tuesday mailing list.