I don’t know enough about coding to do this blog the way I want. I don’t know enough about coding to post Titles or Categories. TypePad keeps telling me that I don’t know enough but I knew enough to know that I wanted to be able to play with the template. And when I was with Blogger I was able to play PLENTY. I KNOW that I don’t know enough. I would happily pay someone to:
- Fix the blog to my specifications
- Tell me how to fix the blog myself. I’m not stupid but the TypePad tutorials make my head spin. (I’d rather do this one because I STILL want to be able to play with the design and LEARN.) TypePad can only say "Look at our Support site" and "We aren’t allowed to give you actual code".
And even though I haven’t been OFFICIALLY tagged (sniff), I’ve read quite a few "I tag everyone" blogs. So here goes:
“THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”
1) I have every episode of "Good Eats" on DVD. I’ve recorded them myself and am in the process of taking out all of the commercials (which should take the better part of a month). I still have to print jewel case sheets, listing all of the episodes but I can’t decide how to organize them. For anyone that enjoys cooking and has a sense of humor, this show is for you.
2) My astrological sign is Aries/Taurus. I’m on the cusp. That, in itself, isn’t weird but here’s the twist. My Mom is an Aries and my Dad is a Taurus. I think that’s kind of freaky.
3) I have 2 bath towels that I cannot part with. They’re Canon Royal Family and I’ve had them for approximately 16 years. I can’t find another towel like them and will wash and use them until they’re wisps of cotton thread. (Yes, we have other towels. I buy them and hate the feel of them. Tom can use them. I have MY towels.)
4) I’m a "worm whisperer". I had a gardening friend send me a Worm Box, (like this one), years ago. I kept them for 2 years and then we moved and I had to "set them free". Now, when it rains, I patrol the driveway and "save" whatever worms I can find. They’re not icky, they’re good for the soil, darn it!
5) I’ve had quite a few dreams of things that have come true – either soon after or years later. For years I had dreams about not being able to open my eyes and now I have the severe dry eye thing that keeps me from being able to open my eyes when I wake up in the morning. EXACTLY like my dreams.
6) I can watch (and love!) any action or horror movie but can’t watch movies where bad things happen to animals. (This seems to be a trend among Weird Thing posters.) I saw "March of the Penguins" but had to look down when the sea lion thing happened. Thought I’d have nightmares for weeks.