Lucky for us, we’re on "higher ground", in this house. Every other place we’ve lived has had "bad water juju".
- Getting out of bed and hitting water up to our ankles (basement apartment).
- Landlord not turning on our water supply – which we didn’t figure out until we’d been there about 4 months! Don’t ask me how.
- Storage in basement flooding so bad that everything ended up moldy.
- Rain flowing thru the kitchen windows when we had an "unconfirmed" tornado. (It twisted out trees, don’t give ME unconfirmed!)
- Salt water bucket (for fish tank) flipping and water leaked thru floor, onto water heater. Rusted a hinge in about 3 weeks.
- Most recently, the "leaking new roof" episode". Which, by the by, the freaking roofer STILL hasn’t come by to check out the water damage to our walls.
On the "up" side? I haven’t had to water the garden for over 2 weeks. The corn is as high as a
very tiny elephants eye.
Check out the LUXURY apartments, at the end of our road. The lovely, brown water is the parking lot. Last year, during the flood season, the water went to the top of the stairs. Too bad we hadn’t already bought this house. We probably would have been right at home in these units.
Here’s the silver lining, to all of the rain.
Wesley is doing better. Latest medication will be finished in another week and, I HOPE, that’s the end to this episode of "How the kitty’s stomach churns".
He’s been letting me knit…as long as I do it while he’s sleeping. And he’s thinking of modelling. (Remember, kids, plastic shopping bags are NOT a toy! Unless you’re a kitten and can’t read.)
Innocent (yeah, right)
I hope everyone has a safe, long weekend. Don’t end up like "Susan".