THIS IS MY SP8 QUESTIONNAIRE – all others may move along quietly.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t have a favorite yarn, as far as I can tell. Lots that I LOVE, tho:
Socks That Rock
Art Yarn Supermerino
KnitPicks Yarns are nice. Wool of the Andes is great for felting.
Merino, mercerized cotton. I have a high “scratchy factor”, so nothing that’s got any kind of itchiness.
I really don’t like:
Fun fur and their “ilk”.
Yarns that shed a lot.
Anything lighter than fingering.
Icky acrylics – some can be quite soft but if they squeak when you knit – NOOOOOO!!!!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store my needles in one of those “back of the door” plastic shoe holders. Lots of room for all of my circulars and dpns.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I must have learned when I was a kid, but I don’t remember it. I’ve been knitting for about 9 years. I’m not afraid to try any type of knitting but would call myself intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes. Amazon and Audible.
5. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
(Don’t you just want to hear “I love the smell of Alpaca in the morning.”? LOL!)
I like spicy scents and “green” scents. No florals or fruity.
My DH has allergies so I don’t really have candles.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Doesn’t everyone??? I LOVE dark chocolate. Peppermint patties, Green & Black’s Maya Gold, black licorice.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don’t spin, (maybe an occasional twirl!). I sew and garden. I also machine knit.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like country and music from the 80’s. CD’s are fine.
9. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I love a “true” red. Have a lot of charcoals and light grey in my stash.
I gravitate towards jewel tones and brights.
Crazy color mixes are fun. But I also like black/grey/brown type combos.
JUST NO PASTELS. I HATE pastel colors. Never wear yellow or orange.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with a kitten on the way – any day now!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves – seldom, hats – almost never, mittens – yes, ponchos – seldom
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, cabled sweaters or scarves. Felted bags. Top down without seaming!
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks (from the STR Club) and a cabled sweater! LOL!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I would never turn one down!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I never use straights…NEVER. 9 years and no straights have been fondled by my hands.
Addi Turbo or Inox are my favs.
For DPN’s I like bamboo.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both. And my DH loves to help me wind.
17. How did you learn to knit?
Like I said in #3, can’t really remember. But when I picked it up again, I bought a book and called my Mom so she could talk me thru casting-on. Now THAT is an experience. More laughs, less learning but it came back to me.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
I recently gave away my oldest UFO of 8 years!
The next one is almost 16 months old. Knitting – good. Finishing – not much of a thrill!
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Bad things have happened around most of the holidays so I’m not very “holiday” oriented.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Does dust count?
I’ve been trying to “de-clutter” but I love books and “Brown Betty” shaped tea pots.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Cat Bordhi’s “A Treasury of Magical Knitting”.
I subscribe to Interweave Knits and Knitters’ and always pick up the latest Vogue Knitting.
22. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
It’s not new, but I just can’t seem to master Intarsia…holey moley!
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! Size 7 foot. 9″ long. 8″ around ankle.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)