Green Thumbs and Silver Sticks
Archive for 06/02/2010
- Frantically making sure that I’ve packed everything I need for the “Weekend of Wheee!”, with Kim, Rox and Shan. Friends have expressed their hopes that I don’t get abducted by “crazy internet people”. I need more IRL friends that are internet savvy. Seriously.
- I hope that when I meet the gals, I won’t be a groggy, drooling mess. This isn’t my normal state – I’m hardly ever groggy – but I’ll be taking Dramamine and it does knock me out. I even did a test run with it on Saturday. Four hours after I took just one pill, I had to take a nap or I’d have been sleeping on the floor.
- Yesterday, in the span of 4 hours, Tom got a new car. It happened so fast and we picked it up at night so no pictures, yet.
- Today, on his way back from golf and on his way to work, the GPS died. Now he’s at the shop where, of course, this has never happened before and they don’t know what is going on. Can you say LOANER?
- During a phone conversation with my Dad, while we were laughing at cage wrestling – the guys were rolling around like a “people pretzel ball” and I couldn’t resist making a running commentary – he paused and said “I guess now is a good time to tell you that I fell.”. He’s a smooth one, isn’t he? He’s ok, tho. No cuts or bruises. I told him that we have to reset the “It’s been “X” days since I fell” clock. He was doing well, at just a bit over a month. See? I’m learning to not freak out so much.
- I started a pair of socks for my Chiropractor. It’s been a while since I’ve done toe-up and, I don’t know why I like it so much more than top-down but it’s F U N. (Pictures to follow in another post)
- I’m late in sending out the May year-long swap package. Veronica, I’ll send it as soon as I get home. Promise! I hate being late with this swap and I don’t want you to feel like the forgotten swap-ee (no matter how I typed that, the spell check went nuts).
- I just realized that I have no idea what I’m having for dinner…and that it’s Wednesday. Guess tomorrow will be Wordless Thursday.